Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is Chatham turning into Detroit?

This was the second comment in the post at CAPCC blog regarding Weis' Chatham visit from earlier this month:
Chatham is now worst that Detroit.
Do those of you in Chatham really believe this brief comment? If you believe this is true then let's discuss how this may be true?

If you were to ask me I don't think Chatham is there yet, then again I see Detroit as a virtually dead city. I don't want to fall into that at least Chicago isn't Detroit nonsense while at the same time I don't want to fall in the trap of thinking of Chatham as being "worse than Detroit". Of course I'm saying that as a non-resident of Chatham although mindful of the basic neighborhood reputation and history.

Anyway I would like to hear other points of view so let's have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE READ FIRST!!!! Comment Moderating and Anonymous Comment Policy

While anonymous comments are not prohibited we do encourage you to help readers identify you so that other commenters may respond to you. Either read the moderating policy for how or leave an identifier (which could be a nickname for example) at the end of the comment.

Also note that this blog is NOT associated with any public or political officials including Alderman Roderick T. Sawyer!