Wednesday, February 27, 2013

CSU President statement to the community

Dr. Wayne Watson
Dr. Wayne Watson, President of Chicago State University, had sent this statement to the university community about the news that broke this week about him stepping down from his post. It seems he doesn't plan to leave his post beyond his sabbatical.
TO THE CHICAGO STATE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY:

“There have been some statements in the media regarding my position at Chicago State University that I wish to correct.

Several days ago, I requested approval of an administrative sabbatical by the CSU Board of Trustees. During the proposed sabbatical, I would first and foremost, be able to better help my 96 year old dad whom I feel has suffered most from my current 24-7 commitment to the University. I would also have more time for the level of academic research and writing I wish to achieve as president of a major American University. I have not resigned as CSU's President and no date is set for the sabbatical to begin, if approved. Even though press reports have included some inaccuracies, I am grateful for the thoughtful remarks about our turnaround at the University and my part in it. Clearly, our work continues.”

1 comment:

  1. If the people of the 6th Ward want more information, they can watch Dr. Watson on Chicago Tonight - Remember to also read the comments.

    http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2013/03/07/chicago-state-university-president-wayne-watson

    - Concerned

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ FIRST!!!! Comment Moderating and Anonymous Comment Policy

While anonymous comments are not prohibited we do encourage you to help readers identify you so that other commenters may respond to you. Either read the moderating policy for how or leave an identifier (which could be a nickname for example) at the end of the comment.

Also note that this blog is NOT associated with any public or political officials including Alderman Roderick T. Sawyer!