Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I've got an idea

Uptown Update (recently they've gotten media attention for a video posted there of a "riot" in their part of town last week) has a page that allows readers to download and print off flyers that advertise the blog. I think this blog needs to do the same and I like to think I'm creative but I feel I need help in getting some ideas for flyers off the ground.

If I was to do that in the future I would like to offer rough sketches of my ideas for Sixth Ward flyers. For instance what I'd like to do is create a neighborhood watch sign that also advertises the blog with blog name and URL address. Of course that's not the only way to advertise the blog, however, I feel that it could have some use other than just as a display sign. I hoped that people could come here and report what's going on in their neck of the woods.

That's where you the reader comes in. Some of you may be better graphic designers than I am. Some of you may have better ideas for a sign than I do. Besides a neighborhood watch sign isn't the only idea worth playing around with.

If you do have any ideas, you are more than free to drop an e-mail or leave a comment in this post. If you know your way around any computer graphics program or if you are an artist then get in touch. Your input and skills are certainly needed although I can't say I can pay you at the moment.

Either way this is a worthwhile project. Hopefully such signs/flyers will be available online likely through Scribd and thus available for download and printing. These signs/flyers can be printed either at home or office or anywhere there are printing services available.

Until that time, however, let's see what we can come up with.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a good idea. I understand your frustration because I know that there ae more than a handful of people in Chatham using social networking sites and reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ FIRST!!!! Comment Moderating and Anonymous Comment Policy

While anonymous comments are not prohibited we do encourage you to help readers identify you so that other commenters may respond to you. Either read the moderating policy for how or leave an identifier (which could be a nickname for example) at the end of the comment.

Also note that this blog is NOT associated with any public or political officials including Alderman Roderick T. Sawyer!