Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Did this blog seem like a crime blotter to you?

At least over the weekend as I made sure to blog about any incidents that made it to the media regarding the shooting incidents that took place in the ward. That wasn't the intent at all, but I definitely wanted to be sure that I could get everything I could of these incidents then any other shootings that occurred. The shooting at 79th & King as it turned out was only the beginning.

If you want to sound off about it you're more than welcome via e-mail or in the comments. Especially if you have a criticism, besides that's what this blog is here for. Interaction and feedback mainly and what I did see as far as feedback I really liked and I hope that if do find myself posting any stories of crimes on this blog we'll still see the comments such as the ones I saw over the weekend.

The main thing in this situation is that we have to find ways to make our community safer. The goal being of course is that no one will just come to our neighborhood and commit any crime whatsoever.

In any event this blog doesn't strive to be merely a crime blotter, but certainly as a means to alert you on any incidents that may happen in addition to tips that may keep you, family/neighbors/friends and your property safe. Let's continue to dialog, because like I said that's what this blog is for. I thank those who commented for their thoughts over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE READ FIRST!!!! Comment Moderating and Anonymous Comment Policy

While anonymous comments are not prohibited we do encourage you to help readers identify you so that other commenters may respond to you. Either read the moderating policy for how or leave an identifier (which could be a nickname for example) at the end of the comment.

Also note that this blog is NOT associated with any public or political officials including Alderman Roderick T. Sawyer!