Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Daley wants to talk school cash before Wrigley sale

Yes! Someone is actually talking priorities here. School cash before a Wrigley sale! From Clout St...
"Well, you know, I've said, we have priorities. OK. And let's be realistic. OK. Wrigley Field, all the sports, everybody enjoys it. But we really have priorities. Now I need infrastructure for schools even before we even discuss that. Even before we discuss it you have to really work out infrastructure. You have to set priorities, and if you don't set priorities then you're out on a tangent. As I said, taking our sales tax money on behalf of Wrigley is something … why would we do that? It's a very valuable piece of property.

It's a valuable team. And so that's what you have to really look at. I don’t think it's a priority in Springfield. You know, like anything, 'Oh, is mayor Daley going to kill the bill?' I'm not killing anything. I just said I don’t think it’s a priority in Springfield. You can talk to your senators and representatives. I don’t think it’s really a priority down there."

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE READ FIRST!!!! Comment Moderating and Anonymous Comment Policy

While anonymous comments are not prohibited we do encourage you to help readers identify you so that other commenters may respond to you. Either read the moderating policy for how or leave an identifier (which could be a nickname for example) at the end of the comment.

Also note that this blog is NOT associated with any public or political officials including Alderman Roderick T. Sawyer!