Thursday, March 27, 2008

Chicago JROTC

I really wish I knew this program existed when I was in high school. I found a website about Chicago Public Schools JROTC programs today when I saw that this blog was getting hits for that photo of Harlan Community Academy High School I posed back in November. Harlan is home to a Army JROTC program.

This for a while seemed to be a trend in the Chicago Public Schools one while. It seemed there were always announcements that such and such school was going to be turned into a military academy. I wonder if these programs are having the desired impacts that I'm sure were expected of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE READ FIRST!!!! Comment Moderating and Anonymous Comment Policy

While anonymous comments are not prohibited we do encourage you to help readers identify you so that other commenters may respond to you. Either read the moderating policy for how or leave an identifier (which could be a nickname for example) at the end of the comment.

Also note that this blog is NOT associated with any public or political officials including Alderman Roderick T. Sawyer!