Saturday, November 17, 2007

Google Street view

I originally posted this to It's My Mind on October 13, 2007. I figures this should get some play here as well.

I've been seeing this on a few Chicago blogs in the past week or so. I've been playing around with it and as a matter of fact I'm playing with it now. It's a great little toy. You can get a feel for a city you've never actually been so I'm liking it. If nothing else, you can have a look at a neighborhood in maybe any city that you're not very familiar with. Who knows you might find out that one area isn't as bad as the conception you've had in your head.

If you want to play with this program you go to Google Maps, then enter an address and the city and state and click on this button that says street view and you should be good to go.

This almost reminds me of when I could look for satelite images of a place. I did this a long time ago and I suppose I got bored with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE READ FIRST!!!! Comment Moderating and Anonymous Comment Policy

While anonymous comments are not prohibited we do encourage you to help readers identify you so that other commenters may respond to you. Either read the moderating policy for how or leave an identifier (which could be a nickname for example) at the end of the comment.

Also note that this blog is NOT associated with any public or political officials including Alderman Roderick T. Sawyer!